This year started off a little differently from past years. The Rogue Distance Festival is no more, which is unfortunate. I’ve run the 10K several times as a practice run for 3M, and I’ve always liked it. And I registered for the 2017 3M Half Marathon the weekend of the 2016 3M race, but then over the summer realized that it conflicted with a work trip to Washington, D.C. with my honor society students. Fortunately I was able to switch my registration to the Austin half, but it meant no January races at all. Which was probably for the best, considering my hamstring issues.
I also learned that the 2017 Army Ten-Miler conflicts with a Texas home football game, so my friend and I are planning a different meetup in May instead.
And finally, I am on a team collectively running 2017 miles this year!
So here’s how I am going to get there:
- February 19: Austin Half Marathon (Austin, TX)
- April 9: Austin 10/20 (Austin, TX)
- April 23: Capitol 10K (Austin, TX)
- May 13: Tri Doc 5K (Cedar Park, TX)
- May 20-21: Cleveland Challenge Series (8K and Half Marathon in Cleveland, OH)
- June 18: Kildare Thoroughbred Run (Kildare, Ireland)
- November 18: Shiner Beer Run 5K (Shiner, TX)